Enduring Commitments in the Management of Chemicals
Vertellus Specialties Inc. is proud to participate in the American Chemistry Council's Responsible Care® initiative. Our industry creates products and services that make life better for people around the world – both today and tomorrow. The benefits of our industry are accompanied by enduring commitments to responsible care in the management of chemicals worldwide. We will make continuous progress toward the vision of no accidents, injuries or harm to the environment and will publicly report our global health, safety and environmental performance. We pledge to operate our companies in ethical ways that increasingly benefit society, the economy and the environment while adhering to the following principles:
- To seek and incorporate public input regarding our products and operations.
- To provide chemicals that can be manufactured, transported, used and disposed of safely.
- To make health, safety, the environment and resource conservation critical considerations for all new and existing products and processes.
- To provide information on health or environmental risks and pursue protective measures for employees, the public and other key stakeholders.
- To work with customers, carriers, suppliers, distributors and contractors to foster the safe use, transport and disposal of chemicals.
- To operate our facilities in a manner that protects the environment and the health and safety of our employees and the public.
- To support education and research on the health, safety and environmental effects of our products and processes.
- To work with others to resolve problems associated with past handling and disposal practices.
- To lead in the development of responsible laws, regulations and standards that safeguard the community, workplace and environment.
- To practice responsible care by encouraging and assisting others to adhere to these principles and practices.
Vertellus Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Performance Policy
Vertellus is committed to the health, safety, process safety and security of our employees and communities. We are committed to the protection of the environment and compliance with the legal and Responsible Care®-related requirements to which our operations are subject. It is each employee’s responsibility to continuously improve our health, safety, security and environmental performance using the Guiding Principles of Responsible Care®. Our commitment to sustainable development, manufacture, distribution, use and disposal of our products is global.
Richard V. Preziotti, President & CEO
Updated May 18, 2015